This component does the specified Damage to all IDamageable that qualifies for its condition. These are based on the mode and the duration of the damage source.
- Volume: Does damage amount as long as the damageable is within the volume. Needs a Collider set to Trigger.
- Contact: Needs a Collider (leave isTrigger unchecked). Important: don't forget to set your collision Layers accordingly.
- Particle: Needs a Particle Handler and a Particle System with Collisions turned on. The component deals the specified damage when the target is colliding with the particles.
- Tick Cooldown: specifies the time between two damage events. This is useful for dense particle systems where you don't want the player to suffer damage from each particle he collides with.
Important: Particle Mode only works with Continuous duration.
- Ray: Needs a Ray Handler. This component deals damage when the Raycast from the handler hits its target, specified by Layer Mask. Can be used with all duration modes.
- Once: the damage event is happening once per event.
- Continuous: the damage is dealt until the collision is happening (for example, the player is within the damage volume, or in contact with the trap's collider.)
- Tick Cooldown is the time (in seconds) between two damage events.
- Controlled by Mechanism: the trap will only deal damage on certain Mechanism Events. Drag this component to an empty Event slot and specify an Action.