Disabling Traps with Triggers
To create a game object that can disable an already active trap, use a Trigger to control player interactions.
- Assign the trap component.
- Set Action to Disable, and the cooldown greater than 0 (to avoid fast repetitive action).
- Set Tag filter to Player.
- Interaction to Key Code, usually E.
- Set Events if you want to show or hide UI, spawn particles such as sparks or audio when the action happens.
In this example, the pressure plate activates the sawblade, and the touch panel disables it.